Enhance your therapeutic capabilities and offer maximum patient comfort with HMD’s top-of-the-line I.V. cannulas. I.V. cannulas also referred to as cannula or intravenous cannula, are manufactured and utilised for blood transfusions/repeated infusions, parental nutrition, injecting fluids or medications into the body, or clinical peripheral vascular system injection. HMD is an ISO, ICMED, a MDSAP certified global supplier of high-quality CE marked I.V Cannulas. We are home to three cannula brands – Kitkath, Cathy, and Cathula–globally distributed and recognised for their exceptional value and reliable quality. With our distribution channels laid across both developing and developed markets, our healthcare solutions are uniquely positioned as the brand of choice for most medical professionals. We offer various types of cannulas, all of which are fabricated using sterile, non-pyrogenic, non-toxic material, providing medical professionals and doctors with a high-quality and safe option for a wide variety of medical applications.
Our Product SeriesHMD sells numerous types of safety and non-safety I.V. cannula under its three proprietary brands – Kitkath, Cathy, and Cathula.
KITKATH I.V. CANNNLASOur best-in-breed and most cost effective, Kitkath cannulas offer optimum safety for the patients and utmost convenience for healthcare professionals. Manufactured using premium raw materials and completely automated processes, our cannulas leave no stone unturned when it comes to precision and durability. Here are some salient features:
- It comes with a special low-pressure injection valve
- Provided with an easy-to-open injection port cap
- Needles come with a short bevel ‘back’ cut that reduces the risk of vein perforation
- Single-use, sterile, non-pyrogenic, and non-toxic
- It comes with PTFE Catheter
KITKATH + I.V. CANNULASIf you want to up the safety ante, you could try our Kitkath + cannulas, which come with an additional Luer lock, thereby reducing the blood spillage and allowing air to escape. Here are some salient features:
- It comes with an FEP catheter which requires lesser force than PTFE Cathater
- Manufactured using completely automated processes
- inspected through vision system for positioning and tip foumation
CATHY I.V. CANNULASHMD’s Cathy cannulas offer an effective blood collection and infusion experience and lessen the possibility of vein perforation and trauma, thanks to the less penetration force it requires. Equipped with a short bevel ‘back’ cut point, the stainless steel needles offer seamless catheterisation.
- More durability, better sharpness, and high precision with Volex-made catheter
- Wings made from high-quality polypropylene for better compatibility with a wide variety of medications
- It comes with a Luer lock cap, a flash-back chamber in the hub, and a blood stopper
- Less penetration force required than traditional PTFE catheters
CATHY + SAFETY I.V. CANNULAOur state-of-the-art, single-use Cathy+ cannulas come with SIP clip for sharp injury prevention. It ensures smooth blood withdrawals and transfusions while cause minimal pain even in the most delicate of I.V. cannulation sites. It requires lesser penetration force than traditional PTFE catheters, thereby reducing the possibility of phlebitis. Here are some salient features:
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Add feature for needle stick injury prevention (S.I.P) picture also attached.
- Colour-coded port cap for identifying the size
- Easy-to-operate injection port cap to shield the valve
- Sterile, Non-Pyrogenic, And Nontoxic
- The injection port comes with a 6% Luer taper
- Cold-rolled stainless steel needles
CATHY + NEO I.V. CANNULASIf you’re looking for a first-rate affordable cannula that offers minimal pain blood collection and transfusions, our Cathy + Neo is the right choice for special designed for babies/ neonates you. It comes with non-toxic stainless steel needles and high-quality, medical-grade polypropylene wings, thereby reducing the chances of phlebitis and enhancing handling and grip. Here are some salient features:
- Grooved and Angled wings for easy handling and fixation with SIP feature
- Sterile, single-use, non-pyrogenic, and non-toxic
- Injection port cap for valve protection
- Colour-coded port cap for easier identification
- Comes in 24G and 26G
CATHULA I.V. CANNULAHMD’s Cathula cannula features wings made up of non-toxic, medical-grade polypropylene compatible with any medication and makes handling a treat. The receiving end of the cannula has an injection port installed with a 6% Luer taper, in line with the ISO: 80369. Here are some more salient features:
- (same as kithkath + please copy)
- Colour-coded injection port cap for easier size identification
- The catheter has four radio-opaque stripes encapsulated within it. If the needle accidentally cuts off the tip of the catheter, it can be easily detected by an x-ray
- It eliminates the risk of cross-contamination as it can only be used once
- Sterile, non-pyrogenic, and non-toxic
CATHULA + SAFETY I.V. CANNULAOur Cathula + cannulas add extra TIP Clip( will share the pic) features on top of our already feature-rich Cathula cannulas. With these cannulas, one can easily inject medicine into a syringe without a needle. This reduces the chance of accidental needle sticks, which can be really harmful. Moreover, since they can be used only once, our Cathula cannulas minimise the risk of cross-contamination by a sizable margin. Here are some of its other features:
- Angled and grooved wings for better grip and precise penetration
- Cold-rolled stainless steel needle with a short bevel ‘back’ cut point for minimal pain and seamless penetration
- It comes with a low-pressure injection valve to prevent backflow and increase capacity
- Features a tipclip for extra protection against needle sticks
- It comes with an easy-to-open injection port cap
- With TIP Clip feature
- Comes in 16G, 17G, 18G, 20G, 22G
CATHULA + NEO I.V. CANNULASOur Cathula + Neo Cannulas come with never-before-seen benefits for both the healthcare workers and the patients. The best part about these cannulas is that you can seamlessly inject medications into the syringe without a needle. This not only mitigates the risk of accidental needle pricks but also is cost-effect I.V. also provides for instant flash back visualisation due to presence of notch in the needle Here are some more features:
- The valve features an easy-to-open injection port cap for extra protection
- Easy size identification with colour-coded injection port caps
- Grooved wings for better handling and penetration
- Facilitates an atraumatic and safe blood collection and administration of medication
- Single-use, non-pyrogenic, sterile, and non-toxic
- With TIP Clip Feature
- For Neonate
Why Choose HMD?HMD’s USP is the comprehensive variety of I.V. Cannulas that we offer. Moreover, our teams of expert quality checkers ensure to bring forth a peerless quality range that is constructed using optimum grade raw materials. Also, when it comes to sterility and hygiene, we, at HMD, follow all international standards down to the T. What’s more, we manufacture our cannulas in a slew of sizes, keeping in mind its range of applications. Whatever may be your need, we’ve got a cannula for everything! So, why wait? Get in touch with us today to enjoy our first-rate products and unparalleled service.
Difference between 1 way & 2 way I.V.Cannula.
2 way I.V.Cannula has integrated side port through which second line of medication is possible, while in 1 way I.V.Cannula only one port is present for drug delivery.
How long can the I.V. Cannula stay in the body?
Normally, I.V.Cannula can stay in the body from 24 to 48 hours after insertion, Instances of 48 – 96 hours has also been reported of Cannulation without Thrombophlebitis