VOLEX proprietary polymer, Cathy+NEO I.V.cannulas (With/Without injection port cap) make a technological leap into the future of medical care with a never-before range of benefits for both, the patients and medical staff. These include:
- Ease of insertion without peelback-making second and third reinsertions possible without having to throw away I.V. Cannulas on unsuccessful cannulation.
- Fewer complications-minimising the risk of thrombus generation while reducing medication costs.
- Minimal trauma-as the penetration force required is 30% Lower then of PTFE catheters.
- Minimal intimal irritation and risk of phlebitis.
- 2 way/1 way I.V. Cannula with wings.
- It is provided with low pressure injection valve to facilitate extra medication and to prevent its back flow.
- Medicine can be injected by a syringe without needle thereby reducing chances of infection and preventing needle stick injuries. Cost of needle is also saved.
- The valve is protected with easy to open Injection Port Cap.
- Coloured Injection Port Cap for size identification.
- It offers safe and convenient method of atraumatic administration of medicines.
- Angled & grooved wings offer easy fixation and prevent shifting & rolling of cannula in the patient’s body.
- Single use, sterile, non-pyrogenic and nontoxic.
Wings are made up of nontoxic, medical-grade polypropylene compatible with any medication. The injection port and the receiving end of the wing have a 6% luer taper as per ISO:594.
Incorporates a flash-back chamber in the hub, blood stopper and luer lock cap.
Needle is made from cold rolled stainless steel strip. The tip of the needle has a short bevel ‘back’ cut point for easy catheterisation and minimal pain and risk of perforation.
Precautions: Before use, check the integrity of the sealing.
Do not reinsert partialy or completely withdrawn needle to avoid puncturing of catheter
Warning: Do not use if the pack is previously opened or damaged.
* Also available in other FEP brands.
* Conform to : ISO 10555-1 & ISO 10555-5 standards.